[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’HEAT Roster Form’]ROSTER QUESTIONS?[contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Player’ type=’radio’ required=’1′ options=’Male,Female’/][contact-field label=’Grade’ type=’select’ required=’1′ options=’3,4,5,6,7,8,High School’/][contact-field label=’Comments’ type=’textarea’/]
Why should my child play for the Tucson HEAT? An important philosophical pillar of the Tucson HEAT program is the commitment to academic excellence as well as basketball excellence. To be a true student-athlete, players must display the ability to compete in the classroom as well as on the basketball court. The Tucson HEAT is committed to assisting the efforts of parents and teachers to help mold these young players into leaders who will make a positive contribution to our community.
How do I sign my son or daughter up? The Tucson HEAT holds tryouts in the fall for grades 2-8. High school teams will have tryouts following the school season. Our News page will have updates on tryouts or subscribe to our mailing list. If the HEAT is the right fit, visit our Register page for more information on registering and dues.
How much does it cost? HEAT monthly dues are $75, due at the first of the month. We now have a package deal for our student athletes that includes: uniform, shooting shirt, practice shirt, socks and a backpack for $175. Travel cost are split between traveling team members.
Where are practices held? Practices are held at La Paloma Academy (Lakeside Campus – 8140 E Golf Links Rd, Tucson, Arizona 85730). They are 1.5 – 2 hours long. Practice schedules and tournaments or leagues are posted on Team’s page.
Do you have HEAT alumni or parent testimonials? Yes, we have a page full of testimonials from former players to coaches. The Tucson HEAT has over 75 players that have played college basketball, many with scholarships. Please check out our alumni.
Who do I contact about concerns regarding the HEAT? We are volunteer run organization and strive to have great communication between players, parents and coaches. If you need to discuss a concern, please contact one of our board members.
President – Anthony Merritt at (520) 290-9003
Vice President – Jorge Flores at (520) 747-4602
Treasurer – Karen Sonnek at (520) 975-3060
How can I help the HEAT? We are a 501(c)3 organization, your donation is tax-deductible. Visit our Support page for full details.
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Tucson HEAT Basketball Association. Go to smile.amazon.com and login with your Amazon info. Search for the Tucson HEAT Basketball Association as the charitable organization you wish to support.
- If you have an American Express credit card, you can donate your points to the Tucson HEAT. Members GiveSM makes charitable giving simple. You can redeem points in increments of 1,000, 5,000 10,000, 50,000, 100,000, 250,000, and 500,000 toward donations made in either your name or as a gift on behalf of Tucson HEAT. Log into your American Express and go to the Members GiveSM section.
- Fry’s Food Stores offers their shoppers to sync their VIP Card online. More on Fry’s Community Rewards Program.
- Workplaces can designate your pledge through United Way’s Donor Choice Program. Tucson HEAT’s United Way number is 1843.
- Donate directly to the Tucson HEAT or become a sponsor.